MGT613 Assignment 2 Fall 2020 – Assignments – Solution VU
PRODUCTION/OPERATIONS MANAGEMENT (MGT613)
Due Date: February 10, 2021
Dildar Limited is a private company that deals in the selling of electric cable coils. The company expects to sell around 4,600 coils of cable in the upcoming year. The annual carrying cost is Rs 32 per coil and ordering cost is Rs 800 per coil. The distributor operates around 288 days a year.
A. What is EOQ? (Marks: 3)
B. How many times per year does the store reorder?(Marks: 3)
C. What is the total annual cost if the EOQ quantity is ordered?(Marks: 4)
Note: Do mention the formulas along with calculations to get good grades.
24 hours extra / grace period after the due date is usually available for assignment to
overcome uploading difficulties. This extra time should only be used to meet the
emergencies and above mentioned due date should always be treated as final to avoid any
Other Important Instructions:
• Make sure to upload the solution file before the due date on VULMS.
• Any submission made via email after the due date will not be accepted.
• Use the font style “Times New Roman” or “Arial” and font size “12”.
• It is advised to compose your document in MS-Word format.
• You may also compose your assignment in Open Office format.
• Use black and blue font colors only.
• Use APA style for referencing and citation. For guidance search “APA reference style” in Google and read various websites containing information for better understanding or visit http://linguistics.byu.edu/faculty/henrichsenl/apa/APA01.html
Rules for Marking
Please note that your assignment will not be graded or graded as Zero (0), if:
• It is submitted after the due date.
• The file you uploaded does not open or is corrupt.
• It is in any format other than MS-Word or Open Office; e.g. Excel, PowerPoint, PDF etc.
• It is cheated or copied from other students, internet, books, journals etc.
#MGT613 #Assignment #Fall #Assignments #Query