Principles of Management (MGT503)
FALL 2021 Due Date: 8th February, 2021 Total Marks: 20
Objective of the activity: The objective of this assignment is to make students able to recognize different organizational structures along with the contingency factors impacting organizations during period of global crises such as COVID 19.
After attempting this activity, students will be able to:
- Comprehend basic contingency factors surrounding
- Come up with the strategies which organization should adopt in future to work effectively due to uncertain
A new trendy and catchy managerial acronym now days is “VUCA”, stands for volatility, uncertainty, complexity, and ambiguity. These are four different types of situations requiring different types of responses. COVID-19 has brought unprecedented challenges for organizations and “VUCA” has become a new normal. The old ritual of dictating work by the top management to the subordinates, and ensuring that all tasks have been finally operated and executed is fading due to prevalent pandemic. This requires a change in strategy, otherwise they would be at disadvantage.
By calling attention to this and other limitations of traditional organizational structures, COVID-19 is speeding up the pace of necessary change. Organizations have been naturally put into situation where they have to modernize, for example, working remotely. Here, those organizations which were previously having less rigid structure have embraced this change easily. However, this sudden need of change has created opportunities to come up with new strategies and affective ways of doing work.
For the organization which are transitioning from traditional to work remotely/virtually;
- What can be appropriate organizational design decisions based on the following contingency factors: (15 Marks)
- Strategy and structure
- Size and structure
- Environmental uncertainty and structure
- What crucial points should organizations keep into consideration by going from “new normal” to “back to normal”, when COVID-19 crises fades? (5 Marks)
Important note: do not write unnecessary details. Irrelevant material will be marked zero straight away. Word limit for each part of question in 50 words. Moreover, plagiarized work will be treated same way. Do not claim afterwards that your work is not plagiarized.
24 hours grace period after the due date is usually available for assignment to overcome uploading difficulties. This extra time should only be used to meet the emergencies and above mentioned due date should always be treated as final to avoid any inconvenience.
Other Important Instructions:
- Make sure to upload the solution file before the due date on
- Any submission made via email after the due date will not be
- Use the font style “Times New Roman” or “Arial” and font size “12”.
- It is advised to compose your document in MS-Word
- You may also compose your assignment in Open Office
- Use black and blue font colors
Rules for Marking
Please note that your assignment will not be graded or graded as Zero (0), if:
- It is submitted after the due
- The file you uploaded does not open or is
- It is in any format other than MS-Word or Open Office; e.g. Excel, PowerPoint, PDF, etc.
- It is cheated or copied from other students, the internet, books, journals,
Note related to load shedding: Be Proactive
As you know that Post Mid-Term semester activities have started and the load shedding problem is also prevailing in our country. Keeping in view the fact, you all are advised to post your activities as early as possible without waiting for the due date. For your convenience; the activity schedule has already been uploaded on VULMS for the current semester, therefore no excuse will be entertained after the due date of assignments or GDBs.
Students kindly share assignment files in relevant subject timely for discussion/solution.or directly share with us ” Click here“
QueryVU WhatsApp groups subject wise Join Now