ENG502 Assignment 1 Spring 2021 – Assignments – Solution VU
ENG502 Assignment 1 Spring 2021
ENG502 Assignment Solution
Introduction to Linguistics (Eng502)
Spring 2021 Assignment Total Marks: 20
Lectures: 1-14 Instructions:
- Upload your assignments in a proper format, i.e. MS word file. Corrupt files will be awarded zero
- The assignments should be zoomed in at 100%.
- Please avoid plagiarism; plagiarized work will be marked zero.
- After the due date, the assignments submitted via email would not be
- Please avoid submitting copied assignments; otherwise, such a case would be referred to the discipline
- The font color should be preferably black and font size 12 Times New
Attempt the given question:
Q1. Language throughout history has geographical territory. But in the present age of technology, language knows no boundaries and barriers of territory. Today a man can hear and understand any language of the world because of the help of Artificial Intelligence (AI). Discuss how Artificial Intelligence (AI) has impacted language and communication in terms of positive and negative effects. Enlist any five positive and five negative effects of Artificial Intelligence (AI) on language.
- In this assignment you have to write positive and negative effects of Artificial Intelligence on Language. Means that you have to write how it is helpful for students in language
- You have to Write 5 positive five positive/advantages and five negative effects/disadvantages of Artificial Intelligence (AI) on
- Each point carry 2 Marks and total 5 points you have to write so 2*5= 10.
- So 10 Marks for Advantages and 10 marks for disadvantages. In this assignment 4 advantages and 3 disadvantages are given, now think deeply and write remaining with yourself .
Definition of Artificial Intelligence:
Artificial intelligence refers to the simulation of human intelligence in a machine that is programmed to think like humans.
The goal of artificial intelligence includes learning, reasoning, and Perception.
1. Intelligent Tutoring System (ITS)
The important advantage of AI in language teaching is Intelligent Tutoring System (ITS).
ITS is able to work without any teacher. It’s a best way of learning. Sometimes teachers are not available, then it will help learning. In such cases they can make a website, can add speaking, listening course. Students have a chance to listen a native speaker.
It handles the information better than
- Providing instant feedback:
With artificial intelligence language learning, feedback comes quickly. When you’ve worked hard on an important test, waiting for the results can be intense.
This allows students to instantly take action to correct their mistakes and probably do.
3. No fear of failing:
It’s okay to make mistakes that are how people learn. Unfortunately, when students make mistakes, get low grades, or fail to answer questions, they often feel ashamed or even scared: “What will the teacher say? AI in language learning won’t reprimand or criticize learners, tell them they’re not smart enough in front of the whole class or threaten them with reports to their parents or a visit to the principal. AI can evaluate learners without judging them.
4. Deeper involvement in the learning process:
Learners will be able to study from any place in the world at their own pace, set their own goals, and follow a customized syllabus. Teachers won’t have to go over the same material each year . Personalized approach to learning that varies from student to student. Plus, AI will help develop engaging games, quizzes, and other learning and exploratory activities that combine program In a classroom of 25 students, it’s virtually impossible for a teacher to find the right approach for everyone. But by using an AI for learning a new language, the needs
of each individual student can be taken into consideration. With AI integrated into the learning process, educators can collect tons of data about learners, their interests, their abilities, and so on. When analyzed, this data can pave the way for personalized education.
Data also allows teachers to understand what’s going on in the minds of their students and predict their future performance.
Shortly, there are important disadvantages of AI in language education:
It is too expensive for most of the students to afford and not creative as humans.
2. Speaking and Learning Skills:
It increases listening power, but reduce the speaking skill because in live classes you can practice of speaking too
3.. Employment for language teachers:
It can cause employment for language teachers,
Students kindly share assignment files in relevant subject timely for discussion/solution.
or directly share with us ” Click here“
QueryVU Telegram Groups subject wise Join Now
QueryVU WhatsApp groups subject wise Join Now
#ENG502 #Assignment #Spring #Assignments #Query