BIO204 GDB Fall 2020 Solution idea:
Q. Write the advantages of continuous sterilization over batch sterilization;
The main advantages of continuous sterilization compared to the batch sterilization are;
- Uniform steam requirements throughout the duration of the sterilization Simplified process control.
- Safer sterilization and lower and more uniform demand on services.
- The design will lead to a safe control of sterilization and elimination of cold pockets where the bioprocess broth could be insufficiently treated. This will result in a safer sterilization and the treated broth can be made much more consistent in quality than that from a batch type.
- Continuous sterilization of the broth means a total heat treatment of only about 3–5 min, compared to the batch one where for the same volume a total time of 3–10 h is needed.
- The more latent heat treatment of the broth can result in a higher yield, especially for heat-sensitive types of broth.
- Shorter sterilization time means less thermal degradation of medium.
- Superior maintenance of medium quaility.
- Easier automatic control.
Download attachment for BIO204 GDB solution file.
Students kindly share assignment files in relevant subject timely for discussion/solution.or directly share with us ” Click here“
QueryVU WhatsApp groups subject wise Join Now