Allama Iqbal Open University (AIOU) solved assignment BA, Compulsory English, Book code 1424, Autumn 2018 & Autumn 2019 is available now according to AIOU pattern, for more AIOU assignments available on the PCB Education
Aiou Solved Assignment 2 Code 1424 Compulsory English II
- Mutton is the meat of goat as well as sheep while beef is meat of cow and calves.
- Sugar is sweet but taste of salt is bitter.
- Lemon is smaller as well as sour whereas orange is bigger, less sour and more sweet.
- Kidney beans are beans shaped like kidney as wel as black beans are soybeans.
- Brown bread is made up of entire wheat grain which is high in vitamins, minerals as well as proteins whereas white bread is made up of only the endosperm which is rich in proteins and carbohydrates. Hence, brown bread is considered healthier than white bread.
- Both are women.
- All are young.
- Almost All are beautiful.
- They have white color.
- Both are wearing open as well as wide neck shirt.
- All (Both) have folded arm on the chest.
- Women at the left has straight hair whereas the other has curly hair.
- This women is wearing necklace on the other hand second is wearing nothing.
- Woman on the right is wearing shawl but the other is not.
- The women on left has worn shirt of square neck as well as the other has round neck.
- The picture of first lady is drawn inside as well as the other at outside.
- Background of first picture is black as well as there is scenery at the back of second.
- This lady has picked a lamb whereas the other has folded her arms empty.
- Lady at left has long fingers on the other hand the fingers of second lady are rather shorter.
- The first lady is wearing hair band but second is not.
Solved Assignment Compulsory English II
Words = Meanings
Privacy = secrecy
Blackouts = Clampdown
Emerge = Develop
Checked into = Tested for
Distinct = Separate
Foremost = Leading
Disorder = Sickness
Host = Crowd
Hypnosis = Hypnotism
Subdued = Passive
BOOK – 1
- It is a book about the travels of Gulliver.
- These are traveler’s tales.
- There are some adventures in the book.
- We see a city with tiny people.
- There are some typical funny jokes in the book.
BOOK – 2
- This book is for teaching of students with disabilities.
- It is a book for making online teaching accessible.
- This book is written by Norman Coombs.
- It is a guide to online teaching and learning.
- It was published on August 26, 2010; as well as have 192 pages.
- Window glass has been broken into pieces. The glass is shattered all over the living room as well as mother is crying moreover going to punish Ali.
- Ali left the room to escape from punishment. Accordingly mom did not received any reply.
- Ahmed is upset because he is unable to fly kike. It is known to my whether conditions explained. Ahmad dropped his kite.
- Mom is planning to do something else. She offered Ahmad sandwich to change his mind.
Aiou Solved Assignment 2 Code 1424
CONNOTATIVE MEANINGS OF THE WORDS.
Dog:- A dog connotes shamelessness or an ugly face.
Home:- Home suggests family, comfort as well as security.
Smart:- Negative connotation is clever.
Politician:- Politician has a negative connotation of wickedness as well as insincerity while statesperson connotes sincerity.
Pig:- The pigs in the novel connote wicked as well as powerful people who can change the ideology of society.
Owl:- An ancient wisdom and keen observation
NATIONAL BEARD AND MUSTACHE CHAMPIONSHIP.
The national beard as well as mustache Championship was sponsored. 18 different categories were held in the championship. The contesters were asked to follow their rules. The winner was awarded the trip to next year’s championship. The medals were awarded to top three of each category. Some people are serious in growing hair and have secret techniques.
Q.8 Take a newspaper of any weekend as well as find out on which page the following items are found. Attach that newspaper with your assignment.
International news, Business news, Sports news, TV schedules, Weather forecast, Domestic news, Editorials, Stock market, Reviews, announcements.
Course: Aiou Solved Assignment 2 Code 1424 Compulsory English II Level: BA/BS Semester: Autumn, 2018
The News section is always first in a newspaper. News is the reason for the existence of the newspaper so it makes sense that this would be featured most prominently.
The front page is usually devoted to stories from the local community, state, national moreover international news events. The rest of the section will offer both national as well as international news.
Next there is a local news section devoted to newsworthy stories from around the region or city the newspaper covers.
A news story always has a lead, which is the first couple of sentences of the article. The lead will always include the most important details of the story: who, what, where, when, why, as well as how. One can find out what has happened by only reading the lead of an article.
Solved Assignment 2 Code 1424
News stories are also supposed to remain objective. The standard of objectivity refers to the prevailing ideology of news-gathering as well as reporting that emphasizes eyewitness accounts of events, corroboration of facts with multiple sources as well as balance of viewpoints. Following the local news is the opinion section. Here, the objective, non-biased style of reporting is exchanged for opinion based editorials.
An editorial is a type of journalism article that is meant to persuade the reader to think a certain way about an issue. Editorials can be written about local, national, or international issues. The opinion section will usually include editorials written by prominent national writers. Also included in this section is letter to the editors, where readers are able to get their opinions as well as viewpoints about issues published in the paper.
Editorial cartoons are always a significant part of this section as well. An editorial cartoon, also known as a political cartoon, is an illustration or comic strip containing a political or social message that usually relates to current events or personalities. Editorial cartoons can usually be found on the editorial page of most newspapers, although a few, like Garry Trudeau’s Doonesbury are sometimes found on the regular comic’s page.
ASSIGNMENT 2 CODE 1424 AUTUMN 2018
Then is The Sports Section of a newspaper features information on local sports events, including high school sports teams. Also, college level sports are covered in this section, both on a regional and national level. National sports leagues like the NBA, the Major Leagues, NHL, and the NFL are featured on a regular basis.
Different days of the week will usually emphasize different sports events. You are more likely to see national teams featured after a weekend when there are more sporting events.
Further is The Entertainment Section of a newspaper has feature articles that can focus on different aspects of culture. Human Interest stories are most likely to appear in this section. A human interest story is a feature story that discusses a person or persons in an interactive and/or emotional way.
It presents people and their problems, concerns, or achievements in a way that brings about interest or sympathy in the reader or viewer.
Submit Your Asssignments To AIOU Tutors